Hi all~ Summer may be the best season imho but it goes by so fast! We’re finally settling back into a semi-normal routine after much traveling (check out our insta for pics from our most recent SoCal trip) which means a fall fashion post is long past due 😀
Without further ado, here are our recommendations for 5 easy pieces that encapsulate fall.
- Outerwear is undoubtedly one of my favorite things about fall. Free the outerwear! Rather then a ubiquitous fall trench, this year I’m digging a cotton-silk topper. Leave open for a more relaxed look, or pair it with a contrasting belt of your choice for a classic cinched profile. The crew-neck also leaves things simple so you can go for more bold scarves, necklaces and even shirts or cardigans underneath.
2. Speaking of scarves…go bold! The New Yorker uniform of black everything is no joke. Which is why scarves have been an easy, long time go-to for color in a color adverse city.
3. While some trends (cough cold shoulder tops) are unlikely to last, oversized sweaters are still going strong. Warm, stylish and comfortable, why wouldn’t I reach for this alpaca sweater?
4. This may seem counter intuitive, but I’ve long felt fall is the perfect season for mini skirts. Hear me out, unlike the summer when minis mean dealing with sweaty thighs and uncomfortable amount of contact with questionably clean subway seats, the cooler fall weather lets you enjoy minis to the fullest. Whether paired with tights or not, boots or booties, you can choose skirts in fall textures, like velvet.
5. There are few things more satisfying than fall footwear. No more sweaty toes exposed to dirty city streets, thank you. A good, leather bootie isn’t cheap, but with the right care (see our previous post on leather shoe care), leather boots are one item which truly can last season after season.
Let us know what your fall favorites are this year!