Ponchos are one of the most effortlessly fashionable ways to keep warm in the cooler autumn days. There are, however, times when ponchos can give us that frumpy, rather than cool-girl vibe we are trying to go for. Here are our top five fool-proof ways to be warm and stylish with ponchos this fall.
1. With a pair of thigh-high boots. The proportions of poncho here as worn by Olivia Palermo work wonderfully with the length of the boots. We love the flirty flash of skin.
2. With a contrasting button down shirt. The camel here is evocative of camel coats, of course, and pairs elegantly with the white shirt.
3. In monochrome. We love the black on black combo here, and how the texture of the leather pants play against Olivia Palermo’s sweater poncho.
4. A poncho with a collar looks incredibly luxe, and frames the face beautifully – much like an expensive wrap coat might.
5. Try a short-sleeved poncho with blue jeans. We find that sometimes too oversized ponchos, or those with fringes, can make blue jeans look too festival-y. This Vince poncho has all the right proportions.