Holiday season – merry & bright & extremely stressful. There’s parties to coordinate, dinners to plan, presents to wrap, and, of course, the company of loved ones to enjoy. In honor of the approaching holidays, we’ve compiled a holiday gift guide for the women in your life (or for yourself – we won’t tell!). We’ve chosen gifts at all kinds of price points and places – these are the ones we secretly, or not so secretly, hope to find under the tree ourselves. Hopefully our little guide will help make the holidays a little more fun by giving you some new ideas for gifts if you are feeling stuck.
1. An indulgent winter accessory is always needed during the wintertime. Even if she has plenty of these already, she’s sure to appreciate having some more options to mix it up with during the winter. Perhaps pair of cashmere/leather gloves, cashmere earmuffs, or a wool/cashmere scarf will suit her tastes. You can always find discounted ones around this time of year at Saks off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call, or Nordstrom Rack.
2. A unique piece of home décor. We’re not talking about basic candles or blown glass salad bowls, but rather something a little more special – even risqué perhaps. We are loving many of the décor objets by Jonathan Adler. Particularly this Eve Fruit bowl (pictured below). Or even think outside of the box and hunt for a one-of-a-kind vintage mid-century piece from eBay.
3. The Amazon Echo has gained in popularity since it first came out on the market back in 2014. This would be a great gift for any techie – or for anyone who is interested in installing automation into their homes. It typically retails for $179.99, with discounts on Black Friday.
4. A book of poems, or a signed book. Now the second one involves some advanced planning, but a signed note by the author will make any book that much more meaningful. But if you don’t have the time to hunt down/wait at author signings, I would recommend A Book of Luminous Things: An International Anthology of Poetry. You can buy it here at Amazon for $13.08.
5. A decadent desert. This gorgeous Green Tea Mille Crêpes cake by the famous Lady M bakery in NYC can be delivered right to her house for $85 plus shipping.
6. This Allure Best of Beauty 2016 Sonia Kashuk Boar Bristle Hair Brush which you can get for $15.99 at Target here.
7. A fur bag charm (which is still holding strong as the accessory of this year with much thanks to Fendi) or a leather keyfob, like one you can find here at Saks Off 5th for $19.99.
8. A cast-iron pan from Le Creuset. We love this classic red Signature Skillet starting from $120 on their website here.
9. A Frette Throw like this Ivory Kent one from their online outlet for $100. We love that it’s 100% wool and made in Italy.
10. A personalized spa bag. One that you’ve put together and personalized for her. Maybe you include some of her favorite cosmetics in travel sizes, or some face masks from Urban Outfitters like these Korean It’s Skin Face Masks here (4 for $10).
We hope that you find something on your list that will make someone very happy this year. What are your top gifts to give or receive for 2016? Let us know in the comments below!